Heroes of the Storm game not responding
I recently had an issue with Heroes of the Storm not responding after the game launch. This happened when I played with my account on a different PC. But the strange thing is that I already played on this PC before ant it was all fine. So here is a short list of things I did to fix this issue.
Video tutorial for fixing hots not responding
Delete the Battle.net Cache Folder
A corrupted cache folder can cause issues with Blizzard titles. Deleting this folder will not have any effect on your game data, and may potentially resolve issues caused by outdated files.
Close any Blizzard programs like Hots, SC2 etc (Agent, game launcher, or game installer).
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Select agent.exe and click End Process.
Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:
- Press Windows+R to open the Run dialogue.
- Type the following address into the Run window field and press Enter:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8: C:\ProgramData\
- If a Blizzard Entertainment folder exists in the directory, right-click it and select Delete.
- Relaunch the game using its normal shortcut or launcher.
Disable all the firewalls and anti-viruses you have. Like Avast, Eset, Widows Firewall etc.
- Open Battle.net settings / go to Game settings
- Find Heroes of Storm
- Try launching hotsin the 32 bit mode instead of 64 bits
- If that does not help try reseting game settings
The thing that actually fixed the problem for me was quite simple and I was surprised it actually worked. The only thing you have to do to fix this Heroes of the Storm (Hots) game not responding bug. Is to launch the game into the different region. Look at the image below for how to do it.
So after launching the game go to Play menu in hots. Wait for the game download the missing files. And close the game.
Then simply launch Heroes of the Storm in the Europe region again. And it should be fixed at least that worked for me.
If all the stuff did not help, well you will have to completely reinstall the game. Delete all the files and restart Battle.net.