Chicory: A Colorful Tale first impressions
Just uploaded a Chicory A Colorful Tale couch a demo co-op gameplay session. A cute adventure game with color everything and solve puzzles mechanic. Sharing my first impressions about this weird, colorful and funky game.
Video Chicory A Colorful Tale
In a recent coach co-op session, we tried something completely different. There are, however, times that these kinds of experiments might totally disappoint you. But in this case, the experience was fascinating and weird, to be honest. At first, got really confused, but then it got better. The game is well built, the soundtrack is amazing, everything works smoothly the paining of everything mechanic is really fun.
But after some time spent in the game I decided, that is just not our cup of tea. If you would think that kind of style game is fun, then it is really worth buying. You have to support indie artists!
These are the first impressions of the game because we just played the demo. The game might get better in the future and I might do another take on it.
Unique game features
- Exploring the Picnic Province, drawing on anything!
- Manipulating the environment with your paintbrush and solving puzzles!
- Local co-op! Up to 2 players. Play with your friends and draw together!
- A full world of animal characters to meet and befriend!
- Unlocking cool new paint abilities and using colors to get to new places!
- Collectible clothes, plants, and furniture to dress your character and the world how you want!
Chicory’s demo dropped during the Steam spring festival and is brought to you by the creators of Wandersong. It’s a game where you control a cute beagle named after your favorite food—mine was pizza, because I am nothing if not basic—on a quest to find Chicory the rabbit, wielder of the paintbrush. Once she disappears, your character sets out to find her, taking her magic paintbrush along for the ride. This brush shrinks and grows platforms to help with traversal, while the Wielder is met with instant respect by everyone they meet.Pcgamer.com
Almost immediately after releasing Wandersong, director Greg Lobanov wanted to move on to a new project about drawing and art in the same way Wandersong was about singing and music. After some time spent experimenting with prototypes in 2018, he assembled a team of friends including Em Halberstadt, who he’d worked with Wandersong, and Lena Raine, an old friend who recently came into the spotlight for her work on Celeste. Local Vancouver artists Alexis Dean-Jones and Madeline Berger were brought on as well, lending an interesting and exciting new style to the game. After establishing the visual style and prototyping the basic systems, they announced the project in January 2019 as “Drawdog.”
- Steam – https://store.steampowered.com/app/1123450/Chicory_A_Colorful_Tale
- Website – http://chicorygame.com
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/chicory
- Kickstarter – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greglobanov/chicory-a-colorful-tale